BAPS relief activities for hurricane Katrina victims
The socio-spiritual activities of BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir in Bartlett, IL aim to inspire an enhanced way of life for the individual, the family, and the community. These activities are conducted with the intention to contribute to the multitude of life’s facets, including the moral, spiritual, cultural, educational, social and environmental realms.
As the center point for all the activities, the Mandir, serves to foster a trans-generational spirit of service.
The annual walk-a-thon has been welcomed and supported throughout the community, whether it is for diabetes awareness, Save-A-Heart Campaign, or for cancer research.
From hurricanes to earthquakes, as well as other disasters around the world, BAPS continues to provide humanitarian relief services to communities afflicted by such disasters. In addition to social community services, BAPS provides an array of cultural activities, from music and language to cultural performances and youth education, designed to cultivate and continue the traditions of India.
Regular weekly classes and seminars help to
- Inspire - one and all to a noble way of life through the humanitarian values of service, purity, discipline, love, respect, and harmony.
- Energize - its on-going efforts against destructive addictions such as tobacco, drugs and alcohol.
- Promote- harmony and peaceful coexistence among all communities through understanding and cooperation.
- Develop - constructive and creative youth and children’s activities to channel their energy, promoting education and social services.
- Sustain- the legacy of India’s rich tradition and philosophy.
For detailed information on the activities, visit the web site